1. Introduction: England, the English, and their history
2. Roman and Anglo-Saxon England
3. The end of Anglo-Saxon England and the Normans
4. Henry II and his sons
5. Henry III, Edward I, and Edward II
EXAM: IN CLASS, FEB 28.
6. Edward III to Henry IV
7. Wars of the Roses
8. Yorkists to Tudors
9. Henry VIII and the Reformation
SPRING BREAK: MAR 24 - APR 1
10. Mid-Tudor England and Elizabeth I
EXAM: IN CLASS APR 9.
11. James I
12. Charles I and the Civil War
13. Civil War, Interregnum, Restoration, and Glorious Revolution
HONORS PAPERS DUE: DEC. 12.
FINAL EXAM: 10:05AM SUNDAY 5/6; PLACE TO BE ANNOUNCED.